Are you a human? What is 1 + 3 ?
- Tarini Konchady (Graduate Student)
- Katelyn Stringer (Graduate Student)
Lucas Macri works on the Extragalactic Distance Scale, searches for electromagnetic counterparts to gravitational-wave sources, and large-scale galaxy flows. The main focus of his research is on Mira and Cepheid variables, which he studies using the Hubble Space Telescope and many ground-based observatories. One of the goals of his research is to measure a more precise value of the Hubble constant, to better constrain the equation of state of dark energy.
- New Physics Needed to Explain Discrepancy in Universe’s Expansion Rate Measurement?
- Texas A&M Astronomers Play Key Collaborative Roles in Neutron Star Collision Imaging and Analyses
- Texas A&M Part of 3-D Mapping Masterpiece
Recent Awards and Recognitions
- Distinguished Achievement in Teaching - College Level (The Association of Former Students of Texas A&M University, 2014)
- Mitchell-Heep-Munnerlyn Endowed Career Enhancement Professorship in Physics or Astronomy (Texas A&M Department of Physics & Astronomy, 2010)