The SuperCDMS SNOLAB is an international collaboration. Important work is progressing at all partner U.S. national labs and at a number of U.S. universities. The project also benefits from international partnerships with institutions in Canada, France, the UK and India.
Easterwood Airport (CLL) is located only 2 miles from campus and offers daily flights from/to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) and George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).
You may also wish to consider flying into Houston-area airports (George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH); William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) or Austin airport (AUS) and complete the rest of the journey (100 miles) by rental car or airport shuttle. You can arrange shuttle service to and from Houston and Austin airports with GroundShuttle.
We have arranged limited room blocks with two hotels in town, it is less than a 15-minute walk from both hotels to the Mitchell Institute. Both hotels also offer complimentary shuttle service from CLL airport (this will need to be arranged in advanced by calling their front desk and letting them know your time of arrival).
Guests will make reservations on an individual basis and may call or make reservations online using the group codes to get the special rate associated with the workshop. Reservations not made by the hotel cut-off date will pay the regular hotel rates.
Please note: The Hampton Inn is the only hotel with the room block including the night of the 8th if you are coming for the earlier analysis workshop on the 9th
Cavalry Court Hotel
200 Century Court
College Station,Texas 77840
- Rate: $119/night + taxes
- Dates reserved: Arrival: 1/9/20 ,Departure: 1/12/20
- Group Code: SCW144
- Call to Book: Guests may call in reservations at 1-866-842-0100 and reference the group code to obtain the Super CDMS Workshop group rate.
- Book online: Visit the hotels website, click “Book Now”, Select the group’s arrival and departure date and change the “promo code” drop down box to “group/block”, add group code above and the block will show up.
- Last day to book by: 1/3/20 (deadline extended)
The Hampton Inn
320 Texas Ave S
College Station, TX,77840
- Rate: $84/night + taxes
- Dates reserved: Arrival: 1/8/20, Departure: 1/12/20
- Group Code: CDM
- Call to Book: Guests may call in reservations at 979-846-0184 and reference the group code to obtain the Super CDMS Workshop group rate.
- Last day to book by: 12/26/19 (rooms fully booked as of 12/20/19)
The closest visitor parking is provided by the Northside Garage (NSG), which is just across the street from the Mitchell Institute at the intersection of Ireland Street and University Drive. There is limited hourly paid parking available; you may park anywhere on the first floor and pay at one of the pay stations in the garage before leaving the garage area.
- On Time Taxi (preferred): (979) 229-3466
- BCS Taxi: (979) 691-2222
- Northgate taxi: (979) 574-6919
- BCS Taxi-cab: (979) 693-5532
Friday Evening: Workshop Reception Location: Cavalry Court Hotel-The Stables Ballroom (6:00PM)
Saturday Evening: Workshop BBQ Dinner Location: Mitchell Institute Foyer (6:00PM)
Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas Mitchell Institute (MIST), Hawking Auditorium
Rupak Mahapatra (Texas A&M University)
Dave Toback (Texas A&M University)
Nader Mirabolfathi (Texas A&M University)
Amanda Barreiro (Admin)